J.M. Mullen has performed numerous commercial electrical installations projects including indoor soccer fields, restaurants, and churches. Whether you want to renovate an individual office, or upgrade an entire commercial space, J.M. Mullen Electric can provide a complete “turn-key” installation.
Our vast supply chain and in stock products allow us to react quickly to residential service calls. Whether you need repairs, maintenance or new construction work completed, J.M. Mullen Electrical Services can provide cost effective solutions for your project. Learn more about how we can help you or contact us to get started today!
Our experienced electricians are on-call to service any electrical issue your company may encounter. We offer property management for all types of properties, large or small. Our competitive rates and attention to detail make us an industry leader in this discipline. Learn more about our property management now!
J.M. Mullen Electric can provide you with 24-hour reliability in response to any electrical issue you may be experiencing. Our on-call service electricians are available anytime, day or night, to troubleshoot the problem and get things back to normal. Need help? Fill out a service ticket and we’ll get right on it!
Welcome to J.M. Mullen Electric
For over 25 years, J.M. Mullen Electric has become an industry leader in the electrical trade. This is because we work hard for our customers and provide them quality service at a fair price. Throughout the years this has translated into a reputation of trust and distinction, on which we pride ourselves on every day. Because of this, repeat customers and their needs have become a substantial part of our day-to-day operations.
From starting as a small contractor working locally in the Baltimore area, our geographical scope has grown to cover all of central Maryland. From Baltimore County to Calvert County, from the Eastern Shore to the District of Columbia, J.M. Mullen Electric provides fast and dependable service that our customers have come to appreciate.
Feel free to give us a call regarding any electrical installation. We have the knowledgeable office staff to get the job off the table quickly; the experienced electricians to handle the installation effectively, and follow-up service upon completion to ensure your complete satisfaction.
Our customers include general contractors, developers, property managers, bankers, landlords, restaurant owners, retailers, and residential customers. Customer satisfaction is at the forefront of our overall mission because we know how important effective communication is in providing service quality. Our staff is prepared to see through any project, on time and budget.
Why choose us?
Our experienced and personable electricians are knowledgeable in all electrical fields. Our office staff has been working in the industry for a combined 61 years, giving us unparalleled experience in managing projects from start to finish! Contact us today to get started on your project!
The average person walks into a building with automatic doors swishing open, lights on, elevators and escalators running, and a host of other electric devices humming away hard at work and we take it for granted! The truth is there are a host of rules and regulations that accompany commercial construction and this blog will introduce some of the more basic ones.
Everyone seems to be a smart shopper today. Of course, retailers make it easier with digital coupons and other savings opportunities. But, there are ways to make significant savings in your home especially when it comes to energy. Try some of the following ideas and track the difference it makes in how much you have left over at the end of each month.
• Buy energy efficient bulbs for your home. Today’s light bulbs will provide lighting that lasts for hours longer and also reduce emissions because they will require less electricity to be generated at power plants. This is not only good for your costs but helps the environment as well.
• Most appliances are now designed to operate much more efficiently in the home by using less electricity. For example, today’s water heater operates more efficiently by heating the water as it is needed and not keeping an entire tank of water hot all the time. Washers and dryers are also made to use less electricity when they are operating.
• Incorporate ‘passive’ solar design concepts into your home wherever possible. For example, replace older windows with more energy efficient ones, and be sure that your home is properly insulated and sealed tight against heat and air loss during the summer and winter months.
• Purchase drapes or blinds that keep heat out in the summer and in during the winter. All types of materials that are being made for modern homes try to support energy efficiency. For example, draperies are often lined with insulation.
• Use the tried and true method of turning things off that aren’t in use and even unplugging them. Of course, your refrigerator, washer and dryer will always need to be plugged in. Even such things as Google Home must remain plugged in to be able to work on a moment’s notice. But, if you have electric appliances that you only use sporadically – unplug them!
• Do an inventory of your home to see other ways you may be able to save energy. You might consider having a representative from the electric company help you find energy cost savings or use professionals from other companies.
Show me the home that doesn’t have at least one gaming system and I will show you a home without kids or with owners who were born before the gaming revolution. Gaming system companies have been under the gun for years about the amount of electricity they may be using. In response they created a ‘energy standby mode’ that purportedly helps to cut down on the amount of energy they use to remain ‘on the ready’. And now that gaming systems are becoming the hub for streaming entertainment, these devices are becoming what has been labeled ‘energy vampires’.
Most people consider static electricity to be nothing more than a nuisance and the cause of the occasional shock. Sometimes you can see the electric arc and the result is painful. Static electricity on your clothes can cause them to stick. But, static electricity can be the driver of bigger problems, especially in the workplace.