If you own rental properties, you’ve probably wondered if hiring a professional property manager is worth the added cost. Besides not having to deal with the day to day challenges of working with tenants and ongoing maintenance concerns, there are other advantages to having a property manager oversee your real estate investments. JM Mullen Electric oﬀers comprehensive and experienced management services for both residential and commercial properties.
The average person walks into a building with automatic doors swishing open, lights on, elevators and escalators running, and a host of other electric devices humming away hard at work and we take it for granted! The truth is there are a host of rules and regulations that accompany commercial construction and this blog will introduce some of the more basic ones.
The availability of electricity is so widespread and ubiquitous that people usually don’t give it a second thought. No matter if you’re in a high rise in the middle of a densely populated urban area or at a remote cabin in the mountains, people expect to walk in, flip a switch and find they are fully hooked up to electricity. But what does this involve? In this blog we will provide a brief overview of the different types of electric services that combine to keep the lights on (TVs playing, air conditioning running, etc.) across the country.
• Different types of properties have varying types of electrical needs. Usually residential structures may need circuit panel updates, upgrades or repairs. On the other hand, commercial and industrial locations can be subject to regular additions to their electrical systems as well as upgrades and changes to the control systems.
• Commercial sites are always in the process of being changed. For example, parking garages may be enhanced, store fronts and their insides may be changed as new owners and goods are switched. As a result, you will see construction projects constantly in process. This will likely require electrical services such as refurbishing and refitting or retrofitting the electrical systems. One of the most important services provided by electrical installation companies is attendance to the health and safety laws. Often, regular inspections of commercial electric systems must be conducted to ensure the ongoing safety of employees and the public.
• Industrial sites are those that include factories (large and small) and designated industrial parks where multiple types of industries have been zoned to operate. Just what types of electrical services are required in these areas? Plenty – and they are often highly sophisticated. For example, the design and installation of high-voltage boards and the accompanying machinery is a challenging task that is not prepared and completed overnight. These same locations will also need control system installations as well and then there is the issue of regular maintenance and repair required by such notable government overseers as OSHA. Again, this is for the safety and benefit of all.
If you are in need of commercial, industrial or residential electrical services, contact the experts at J.M. Mullen Electrical Services. We have been providing quality electrical support to companies and homeowners for the past 25 years…and our reputation is unmatched.
January is traditionally a time for making resolutions and refreshing your life. During this time of year, people are more inclined to visit the dentist, doctor, and optometrist for annual assessments of their health. It is also time to review the state of your home from top to bottom as well. Included in this to-do list is an annual electric checkup.
Here are the benefits
• An annual check up of the electrical wiring and boxes in and around your home will help to reveal any potential hazards that could result in a fire. Outdated wiring, fixtures and electrical systems are a significant cause of home fires, particularly in the winter when these systems are taxed more than most times of the year. Annual electric preventive checkups will ensure your home system is in healthy working condition.
• Annual checkups of your electric system will also uncover improper overloading of the system. For example, perhaps you have an extension cord with too many appliances drawing electricity from this single source. All too often this can spark a fire. Annual checkups help to ensure the safety of all occupants.
• These checkups will also include an assessment of your appliances and other electric-powered equipment that have the potential to cause a fire because they may be outdated or can no longer be operated safely. These are items that will need to be replaced – a seemingly costly choice that pales in comparison to losing an entire home or injuring or causing the death of occupants.
• Ensuring that your home is up to the latest local, state and national electric standards that are imposed on structures. These standards change over time and it is incumbent upon the homeowner to keep up with this information and be compliant.
An electric inspection will include:
• An examination of all outlets.
• An examination of the circuit breaker or panel.
• An assessment of scenarios within the home that are subject to potential overloads.
Now, do not expect these annual inspections to come without a cost. You have to pay for your other annual checkups – right? But, when you weigh the benefits against the cost, I expect you’ll be scheduling your appointment today.
If you are in need of expert electric services, including annual checkups, contact J.M. Mullen Electric Services. It will be our pleasure to serve you.